PIES Fitness 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
If you frequently have questions about the poses your yoga teachers offer, you want to take your personal practice deeper, you want to explore modifications and props, you wish to help others, or are feeling lost and in need of some sort of change in your life, Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) may be for you!
PIES Fitness Yoga Studio YTT200, based on the Hatha lineage, is led by Marsha D. Banks-Harold who has completed over 2000 hours of training in yoga and comprehensive yoga therapy, including yoga for special needs and special populations. Marsha is joined by a skilled support staff, each with a different focus including asana, anatomy, pranayama, meditation, restorative yoga, yin yoga and more for a greater depth and breadth of knowledge.
Our 2017-2018 session of Yoga Teacher Training in Alexandria, VA begins on Wednesday, September 6. The training will take place over five months with classes being held every Wednesday and one weekend a month. Space is limited. Enroll today!
During your 200 hours of training you will deepen your yoga practice in the following areas:
- Yoga Asana (Postures) with a focus on alignment, anatomy and modifications for all levels
- Surya Namskara A
- Surya Namskara B
- Standing Postures
- Balance Postures
- Revolved Postures
- Seated Postures
- Supine Postures
- Prone Postures
- Pranayama (Breath)
- Yoga Sutras (Philosophy/Lifestyle/Ethics)
- Yoga Teaching Methodology (Sequencing/Cueing/Business Practices)
- Student Teaching Practicum in Small & Large Groups
Every Wednesday from 5:00 p.m to 8:30 p.m. beginning September 6, 2017 and the following dates:
September 6, 13, 20, 27, 2017
October 4, 11, 18, 25, 2017
November 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, 2017
December 6, 13, 20, 27, 2017
January 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, 2018
February 7, 2018
One weekend a month from 7:45 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. beginning at Trade Center on Saturdays and at Valley Forge on Sundays on the following dates:
September 17, 2017
October 28-29, 2017
November 19, 2017
December 16-17, 2017
January 14, 2018
February 17-18, 2018
The cost of the 2017-2018 training program is $3250. A $450 non-refundable deposit is required by August 15, 2017. The remaining balance, $2800, will be due by September 1, 2017.
Save $250 by taking advantage of our Early Bird discount and paying in full, $3000, by August 15, 2017 ($450 of which is the non-refundable deposit).
For payment plan options, contact us today!
- Curriculum Manual with over 300 pages of supplemental information on chakras, mudras, sequences, anatomy, meditation, pranayama, the branches of yoga, and much more
- Asana Manual with over 100 pages covering the Sanskrit, alignment, modifications and more for each pose
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchindananda
- Hatha Yoga Illustrated by Martin Kirk, Brooke Boon, and Daniel DiTuro
- Human Anatomy Coloring Book by Joe Ziemian and Margaret Matt
- The Mark Stephens Sequencing Deck by Mark Stephens
- Unlimited Yoga Classes during Teacher Training Session
Required Reading Not Included with Your Tuition
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
- The Language of Yoga: Complete A to Y Guide to Asana Names, Sanskrit Terms & Chants by Nicolai Bachman
- Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes by Mark Stephens